You’re required under Victorian law to provide a completed campaign donation return if you:
- have received donations or gifts, or
- haven’t received donations or gifts
- were successfully elected, or
- weren’t elected
The donation or gift, including in-kind support must be:
- Individually valued at over $500.
- Offered during the donation period. This means the period starting 30 days after the previous election and ending 30 days after the current election.
Complete a campaign donation return
Download and complete the donation return and send the completed form to the Council's CEO:
All fields must be filled out and the declaration signed by you. If you received no gifts, you may indicate this in the Details of Gifts’ section by writing ‘No disclosable gifts’ in the table provided
Failure to submit a CDR, or providing false or misleading information on a CDR, can result in prosecution and fines of more than $9900 (as of 1 July 2019).
The Inspectorate monitors the submission of CDRs by candidates in council elections and may prosecute any candidate who fails to comply with the Act.
More information and resources
Reviewed 03 April 2020