- Thursday, 19 May 2022 at 12:48 am
The Inspectorate is producing a wide range of fact sheets – simple explainers of often complex processes and legislation – and summaries of our investigation and examination reports.
Our staff are regularly asked for information on topics such as what comprises a conflict of interest under the Act; how our investigations or governance examinations proceed; when personal interest disclosures need to be made, and which integrity agency handles specific types of complaints.
These publications are aimed at answering some of those questions and assisting complainants, councils, the community and the media in understanding our work and key aspects of legislation.
Currently these include fact sheets on topics such as:
- Conflicts of interest
- Our powers and responsibilities
- Governance examinations
- Local council complaints: who do I complain to?
Report summaries so far include:
- Personal interests returns: Encouraging disclosure and increasing transparency
- Social media fuels rise in complaints during 2020 council elections
- Protecting integrity: Leading the way – Managing the employment cycle of a council CEO
View all our fact sheets and report summaries.